The Mentalist ! One of my favorite little interests , is a television show about Patrick Jane, a smart con man, fake psychic who’s really good at reading people and helps the police out with solving cases.
Patrick Jane is a charismatic man with an attractive personality, Now I’ll give you reader the best things I have learned from this character.
So let’s get started ..
1. Smile :
The smile is one of the things that make Patrick different than other characters and give him a charisma.
I know, this sounds really obvious . But you need to do it . If you actually try smiling more you’ll discover how the world treats you changes a lot. People generally react to how you treat them. And emotions are contagious.
2. Be fully present :
This is one of the qualities people often mention after having met charismatic people like Johnny Depp or Johny Sins ( Just a joke ) . They are fully there. People aren’t used to that and feel special.
So listen fully to the person as an equal no matter who it is. Keep the eye-contact and break it sometimes. Also, presence tends to make you more open , confident and curious in a natural way. When you are present things and people just tend to become more interesting.
Here are two quick ways to centre yourself and reconnect with the present moment again:
- Focus on your breathing. One way to quickly become present is to take breaths with your belly – this calms your body too – and just focus on your in- and out breaths for about two minutes.
- Focus on what’s right in front of you. Or around you. Or on you. Use your senses. Just look at what’s right in front of you right now. Listen to the sounds around you. Feel the fabric of your clothes and focus on how they feel.
3. Share the credit for success :
The main character on The Mentalist is a shameless man. He loves the spotlight. But he controls his ego, always Jane is quick to share credit with his team. At times after solving a crime, he stands in the background, letting others receive thegives his colleagues credit for good ideas and praises them publicly.
Some people in positions of authority feel the need to keep all the credit for their business’ success for themselves, as if it is a divine right. But that’s came from the weakness and the ego.
4. Know when to run :
One of the more amusing traits exhibited by Jane he know when to run, He delights in provoking dangerous people despite knowing that he never carries a weapon and in the end he run . Unless his partners are there to protect him. He never act like a hero who don’t know the fear.
5. Be amused :
Jane does it a lot on the show, he is constantly amused by what happens as the plot twists and turns.
And I get why. Being in an amused head-space is one of the best ones you can be in. Have fun. Feel light. And the things you do feel lighter too.
So how do you feel ? By not taking everything so seriously. and By having an abundance mentality ? It’s great no ?
6. Be confident :
We talked many time about that on many articles.
if you want to become the most confident person in the room, you have to actually become the most informed and prepared.
You can read : The most confident person in the room
7. Be socially free :
This is the hardest part.
Patrick Jane really don’t care too much about what people think of him. He just does what he wants Like a Bad-boy.
When you are overly concerned about what other people may think about you then you often act in reaction to what you think they might say or do. And so you can’t be your most genuine and best self.
To killing this fear isn’t easy but I’ll give you two tips to make it easier :
- Know that people don’t care too much about what you do : each one lives his life and don’t care about others
- Focus on what you can control : Here’s a great way to look at things : I do what I think is right and that is my responsibility. And then the rest (the possible results), well, that is not up for me to decide about or try to control. I let it go.
– Patrick J.
Read more : How to approach women ?